Instagram SEO Techniques for Better Engagement in 2021
Instagram is now considered one of the most popular social networks, where having millions of followers is the dream of almost every Instagrammer. It has more than one billion active users. Almost every Instagrammer hopes to be popular on the platform. Many find it challenging to grow on Instagram even after posting quality-content. If your progress on Instagram is slow, these SEO techniques will give your Instagram account online exposure. Let’s take a look at these effective SEO techniques.
Ways to Optimize Your Profile on Instagram
- The first step you need to take is the better optimization of your Instagram profile.
- First of all, register for a business account. Select the category your account belongs to. Make your Instagram account public so that anyone can view the posts and photos.
- Create a stylish and attractive logo that represents your company or a brand. Set this logo as a profile picture for your account.
- Choose a username that is short as people will find it easy to remember.
- To create a bio link, you can use Linktree.
Use Secondary Keywords in Your Bio
Secondary keywords are helpful as secondary keywords help a user find your account easily. If the main keyword is “Store,” you can add secondary keywords such as “retail store” and “online store.” A user will easily be able to find you on Instagram when you use secondary keywords.
Use Quality Hashtags in Your Instagram Posts
Hashtags increase discoverability to a great extent and give your posts a boost. If your post is worth paying attention to, people will get attracted to it and start following you. Using the same hashtags over and over again won’t work great. Choose the hashtags according to your post if you are playing the guitar, use #music, #guitar, and similar hashtags.
Reels is a great feature that lets an Instagrammer make a video and impress others. Use trending hashtags in order to make your video popular. Once your video goes viral, you will get thousands of followers within a week. Use this feature as it can fetch you a good number of followers.
Optimize Image on Instagram
Instagram has brought a new “Alt text” feature. You can use this feature and optimize an image for specific keywords. In order to use the feature, follow the steps:
- Click to choose an image from your gallery and click once.
- Write a caption.
- You will see the “Advanced Settings” option below the social share buttons on Instagram.
- Click the “Write alt text” option and optimize the image for particular keywords.
Analyze the Performance and Make Adjustments
Track your account’s performance and understand why your posts are not performing well. If some of your posts have reached thousands of likes, you should try to know the reason for the success of such posts. Once you have a better understanding of why some posts are performing so well, you will easily be able to rank future posts higher by optimizing in the same way. In order to grow organically, you should avoid buying followers. It is good to build organic reach if you want long-term success on Instagram.
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms. Growing on this platform has become difficult. The ways mentioned above will help you grow on Instagram organically. You can put these tips into action and garner more followers in less than no time.